May 17, 2013

The Best Dairy-Free Chocolate Avocado Cream Pie with Whipped Coconut Cream!




Avocado in a chocolate pie??? 

Despite avocado’s relatively neutral flavor, for years it’s been relegated to the savory foods department. Avocado is typically used in guacamole and salads, or the occasional dip for variety. And with these kinds of limitations, it only makes it to the table once every few weeks. What a shame that this amazing nutrient dense fruit with so many health benefits is only eaten once a week at most, on Mexican night!

Now, I confess that initially I thought using avocado in sweet dishes was weird. As a kid a saw a recipe in an international cookbook for some kind of sweet avocado dessert from South America and I was like “gross”. But as an adult I’ve realized that some foods or food combinations I used to think were weird as a kid, are actually quite good if I just give them a chance. So when I started seeing recipes for avocado desserts around the internet I thought, I have to try this. And when I saw the chocolate pudding and pie recipes, I was like, What better way to begin my foray into avocado desserts but with chocolate? Ah…chocolate.

To read the rest of my post and view the recipe, please hope on over to Whole Lifestyle Nutrition!



Oh, and if you want to skip right to my simple and healthy crust recipe (made with palm shortening or butter), click here!

1 comment:

  1. Tnx fore information


    you want to loss weight fast read more information here


    and for more information about Avocado nutrition

    ReplyDelete